DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Katherine Fortier, Child & Educational Psychologist
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). In the case of children this will include personally identifying information about both the child and his/her parents.
- Who is the Data Controller?
Katherine Fortier is the data controller (contact details below). This means I decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How is your personal data processed?
I (Katherine Fortier) comply with the obligations of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
I use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable me to provide psychological services for your child at your explicit request (young people over the age of 16 also must provide their explicit request);
- To contact either parent in case of emergency or to communicate about your child;
- To send invoices for services rendered;
- To maintain my own accounts and records for tax purposes
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject (or his/her parents in the case of children under 16) so that we can fulfil your request for psychological services
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to the payment of taxes
- Maintaining a data record for a period of 15 years is requirement pertaining to medical information in The Netherlands
- Sharing your personal data
- Your/ your child’s personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and not be shared with third parties without your explicit instruction or permission to do so.
- Any employees of Katherine Fortier or contracted service providers (accountant, website designer, IT consultant) will be likewise contracted to safeguard your personal data under a Data Processing Agreement or Non-Disclosure Confidentiality agreement as part of their employment or service contract.
- How long do I keep your personal data?
I am required to keep data in accordance with the WKK-Gz restrictions on medical dossiers: for a period of 15 years after our last contact.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your (or your child under age 16) personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your/your child’s personal data
- The right to request that Katherine Fortier corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Katherine to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If I ever wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then I will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, I will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
Katherine Fortier: Nassauplein 20, 2585 EC Den Haag;
tel. +31 (0)70 322-6061;
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) via their website: //autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl